Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Turning One Was Fun

















Whitney turned a year old on March 27th and all I can say was that was the fastest year of my life! Her actual birthday fell on a Thursday. Ms. Karen threw Whitney a Tinkerbell party with all of her friends at Humble-Beginnings. She had her first cake and had a great time. That weekend, on Saturday, we celebrated with family and a few friends in the neighborhood. The theme was "Jungle Buddies" and we decorated the house with a bunch of balloons, streamers and posters (of which I drew all by myself). We served lunch to all of Whitney's guests and then enjoyed some cake. Whitney got her own small version of the big cake. I think in the end she ate more icing than cake. Whitney was a great party girl. The party started at noon and lasted until the birthday girl crashed out. Her morning nap never came to fruition and she still managed to stay awake until 3:30pm. She got a ton of great gifts, my personal favorite being the hand painted tea table and chairs from her Aunt Jennifer. All of the gifts were wonderful but this was a gift packed with a lot of hard work and boy does it show-check out this awesome table in the picture-it is truly a work of art!

We look forward to MANY more fun birthdays!!

2 comments:

Chad & Lesa said...

Wow...that table Jennifer made is amazing!! I love looking at pictures - it makes me feel like I am there with you guys. I really wish Madi and Whitney could grow up together. It's nice to Russ hasn't changed at all over the past 4 years - wow I've been gone from KY that long. Anyway, it looks like Whitney's birthday party went great. I'll soon have to start planning for Madi's. The time is just going by so fast.

The Helm Family said...

Wow-- that table is awesome. I am jealous. Meredith